Show Side Menu


Going on Holiday Abroad?



Think you may need Travel Vaccination?

If you are going on holiday, backpacking or trekking and you think you may need travel vaccinations please take the following steps, 8 weeks prior to departure:

1. Pick up a Travel Risk Assessment form, fill it in and hand this back into reception.

2. Please leave 7 working days (so that the nurse can have a look at the form and work out what you have had and what you need).
Then please ring for an appointment.

3. Please bring your vaccinations book to the appointment (if you don't have one then please ask the nurse).

4. Please have a look at the website ‘fit for travel’ which is very easy to use and has information about your destination, vaccinations and general travel health advice.

There may be a fee for some vaccinations and or malaria tablets but this will be discussed with you before these are ordered.

Also note that if after looking on the website if it advises that you need yellow fever vaccination and certificate—we don't offer this facility at our practice and you will need to ring Temple Sowerby Practice on
017683 61232 and arrange an appointment at least 10 day prior to your departure.

If you need travel advice and vaccinations in an emergency, or it is less than 10 days before your departure please fill in the risk assessment form, return it to the Health centre and the nurse will ring you as soon as possible.

Click here to download our Travel Risk Assessment Form (.pdf Format)

Silver Street, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria, CA17 4RB
  • Telephone (017683) 71369
Website supplied by Oldroyd Publishing Group
Your Neighbourhood Professionals. Just a Click Away! Looking for residential or nursing care? Wanting a home from home? Then check out your local options and book a visit/tour today
Back to top