Please find details below of 4 new videos: 3 for people with learning disabilities and 1 for carers.
- Explaining the Tier system in England. https://youtu.be/H8_t22Om1QY
This video is for people with learning disabilities to help them understand about the tier system in place in England. It describes what you can and can’t do.
- Making Friends with your Face Mask https://youtu.be/JktalrbL3T4
This video is for people with learning disabilities to help them understand why wearing a face mask is important, how to find a face mask that suits them and how to get used to wearing it.
- Supporting a person with a learning disability to wear a face mask https://youtu.be/nYf6Gt7C08A
This video is for family members or carers of people with learning disabilities to help them understand why wearing a face mask is important, how to find a face mask that suits the person they support and how to help them get used to wearing it.
- Christmas Bubbles – explaining the coronavirus rules over Christmas https://youtu.be/bBypR7Xxvy8
This video is for people with learning disabilities to help them understand the rules on Christmas bubbles over the Christmas period.
Click here to download this information leaflet about free health checks.
People with learning disabilities often have poorer physical and mental health than other people. This doesn't need to be the case.
The Annual Health Check scheme is for adults and young people aged 14 or above with learning disabilities who need more health support and may otherwise have health conditions that go undetected.
Please contact you Doctors Surgery to book an appointment for a Learning Disabilities Health Check on 017683 71369.
During the health check, the GP or practice nurse will carry out the following for the patient:
- a general physical examination, including checking their weight, heart rate, blood pressure and taking blood and urine samples
- assessing the patient's behavior, including asking questions about their lifestyle, and mental health
- a check for epilepsy
- a check on any prescribed medicines the patient is currently taking
- a check on whether any chronic illnesses, such as asthma or diabetes, are being well managed
- a review of any arrangements with other health professionals, such as physiotherapists or speech therapists
For information about Annual Health Checks please visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/learning-disabilities/annual-health-checks/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AVkU9Hs7VM - Having a blood Test Example Video.
http://easyhealth.org.uk/sites/default/files/null/Bloodtest.pdf - Easy Read infomation about having a blood test.
http://www.easyonthei.nhs.uk/ - Click on this link for lots of easy read information.