Click here to download Flu Facts information poster.
Our Over 65 flu vaccinations will arrive mid September and our Under 65 vaccines are due to arrive at the beginning of October.
All eligible patients will receive an invitation from the Practice, so please ensure your contact details are up to date.
Please check our website and Facebook page for upcoming flu clinics.
To be eligible for a free flu vaccination, patients must meet one or more of the criteria below:
- Over 65
- Patients with a long term health condition, i.e. diabetes, heart, kidney, lung conditions or chronic liver disease
- If you have suffered a stroke or TIA (transient ischaemic attack)
- If you are immunocompromised
- If you are pregnant
- If you are a Carer or someone in close contact with immunocompromised individuals
- Chronic neurological disease such as Parkinson’s Disease or moto neurone disease
- Learning disability
- Splenic dysfunction or asplenia
- A weakened immune system due to disease or treatment
- Morbidly obese (defined as BMI of 40 and above)
If you are unsure as to your eligibility please contact us on 017683 71369
Children's Nasal Flu
All children aged two to eleven at 31/8/20 are eligible for the nasal flu vaccination as part of a National Programme. Contact us now to book your appointment.
Flu jab for 50-64s
Please note that people in the 50-64-year old age group will not be vaccinated until November and December, providing there is sufficient vaccine, and no appointments will be offered for this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are 50-64 and you are in one of the other groups which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier.